Two Dimensions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Dimensions

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Any recommendations?

Go down 
+2
Question
:Umi:
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SoggyCheeseCake

SoggyCheeseCake

Any recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:44 am

The ones I listed are either Mech or Cyber...ish. But if you don't mind any types of Anime I also recommend Shaman King, **The manga is actually way better but the Japanese version of the anime isn't all that bad** and Pandora Hearts. I'm obsessed with Pandora Hearts right now for many reasons! It's a sort of Alice in Wonderland theme that's really dark and twisted. <3 It's amazing. Again the manga is better but I never finished watching the Anime so you could give it a try.

That's all I really have though for Anime. I'm sure there's others I could list that I think are good and that you should at least check into but off the top of my head that's the list. I think though you'd really like Ergo Proxy. Something about that Anime just stunned and amazed me. <3
Back to top Go down
http://shatteredessence.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:23 am

Mechs and other cyberpunk stuff are my favorite but that doesn't mean I don't like other types of anime, so feel free to put in whatever
Back to top Go down
SoggyCheeseCake

SoggyCheeseCake

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 am

I would recommend Xenosaga: The Animated Series. I'm so amused with anything Xenosaga <3. But to be honest I don't think my favorite anime genre would be right for you. Besides Xenosaga since it's set in the future with MECHS up the yinyang. And perhaps Blue Gender or Big O. I those were good ones too. Ergo Proxy too!! Mmm that was an amazing anime!
Back to top Go down
http://shatteredessence.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks for the recomendations guys, I appreciate it. I'll have to see if any of the stuff is on Netflix, if not I'll look it up and get some general plot details to see if I'll like it. I'll also have to see if any of the manga's are on my free manga reader, which has a surprisingly big library.

@Verte Dragoness: I know, I haven't watched the OVA yet since it's not complete and incredibally expensive the last time I checked, but I do have the complete manga series

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention that besides Mech anime's and some of the more supernatural stuff, I'm a big Cyberpunk fan. Although so far the only thing I can find for that are Ghost in the shell and Appleseed, so any recomendations for that would be wonderful as well
Back to top Go down
Rover
Admin
Admin
Rover

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

I don't like anime.

WATCH DEXTER.
Back to top Go down
Question
Admin
Admin
Question

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:55 am

@Yugo It's made in Canada, lol. It gets pretty dark once Bob disappears and Enzo grows up to be Matrix =///= Matrix~<3 So fiiine~ It's very childish in the beginning but turns very mature near the end <3

@Verte Adler, I'm sorry my dear, but I cannot stand Higurashi. It sickens me so much. It's all the same like Hostile and Saw, which I truly an utterly hate. It defiles humanity.
Back to top Go down
Verte Dragoness

Verte Dragoness

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:11 am

If you're going to watch Hellsing, watch Hellsing:OVA. It's sooo much better, and sticks to the storyline of the manga much better, as well.

I also VERY HIGHLY recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, though go for the Japanese version. It's a very dark and creepy, twisted psychological horror anime that was done very well,and still gives me chills just thinking about.

I've only seen bits and pieces, but Fairy Tail is pretty good, also.

If you're looking for manga, I instantly recommend anything by Kaori Yuki or Matsuri Akino, though my favourites are Angel Sanctuary, Count Cain and Godchild (Kaori Yuki), and Petshop of Horrors (NOT TOKYO DDDD< ) by Akino-san. :3 And of course, the Hellsing series by Kouta Hirano. <3
Back to top Go down
Yugo
Admin
Admin
Yugo

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:46 am

Gundam Wing and Cowboy Bebop are must see and two of my all time faves. Mobil Suit Gundam: 08th M.S Team is another classic, but that might be harder to find since its pretty old.

Not many people like it, but I thought School Days was also really, really good. Its kinda more of a dark drama then a mech shooting action type tho.

@ Question: "Even though its not an anime, Reboot is amazing."
Thats weird cuz I always thought it was an anime, just kid genre stuff like Hamtaro *shivers*

Oh, a few more classics are Last Exile(highly recommended) and the Crest of the Stars series. Both are action packed with good stories.
Back to top Go down
Question
Admin
Admin
Question

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 am

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a really deep and interesting, psychological horror anime so is Paranoia Agent. Cowboy Bebop if you haven't seen all the episode is amazing. BetterMan is really interesting as well, very creative. Gundam Wing is really great annnd...Cyborg 009. Perfect Blue, Akira, and Paprika are anime movies but still divine nonetheless. If you're into manga, pick up Akira under that. You will see a true artist's work in that manga series, it is truly unbelieveable with the fine detail and the mass of work put into it.

Even though its not an anime, Reboot is amazing.

I don't have much reccomendations since I fell out of anime since it has become very cliche and repeative. However, these above have great themes, context, character development, structual plot line, music, and voice acting. These are the animes that really put a lot of effort into their shows to make it award winning.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:59 am

Oh, before I forget: definitely Eden of the East. Fantastic series (has two movies as well, I believe...maybe 3, can't remember. Netflix should have the series and the 1st movie)
Back to top Go down
https://twodimensionsrp.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:58 am

Black Lagoon, Outlaw Star, Chrono Crusade, Elfen Lied (Japanese, not English) I've got more, but I'll have to look through my collection to remember some titles (too late at the moment to do it) but I'll give more when my household's awake (:
Back to top Go down
https://twodimensionsrp.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 am

I was just wondering if anyone had reccomendations for anime for me? I've been trying to get more into it but so far there isn't a lot I've watched...well besdes some series on netflix

But yeah, here's a list of what I have: Gundam 00, Fullmetal Alchemist (Plus the movie), Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Gurren Laggan, Hellsing, Gunblade, Gunslinger girls, Space Battleship Yamato (Plus the live action movie), Macross, Highschool of the Dead, and a few episodes of .Hack from one of it's series.

But other then that, anything you guys would have me look at?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any recommendations?   Any recommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any recommendations?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Two Dimensions :: Misc. :: Media Discussion-
Jump to: